We will be have a full year, 2012 Sounders FC fitness coach internship position that we will be filling for next season. The position is with the MLS team, and you will interact and coach this group every day. This is a paid position, and you will be asked to participate in all activities with the 1st team for the entire year.
Applicant will be expected to possess most, if not all of the following background requirements:
- A minimum of an undergrad degree in an Exercise Science related degree, a Master's is preferred.
- A strong background in soccer as a player, coach, or fitness specialist.
- Past experience in the strength & conditioning and/or performance enhancement field.
- Past experience with FMS or similar movement assessments and corrective strategies.
- Currently residing in the US. Non-US citizens (students, etc.) must have the ability & documentation to live and work in the US for all of 2012. Our organization will not be able to provide any help or aid for Visa or work permit issues, as this is an intern position.
The job requirements for this internship will consist of:
- Work directly under the head fitness coach in MLS training sessions every day.
- Aiding the head fitness coach on a daily in collecting data from technologies such as OmegaWave, HR monitors, and/or GPS.
- Helping in setting up the training area (on field or in weight room) every day.
- Coordinating all post-training and competition nutrition recovery strategies.
- Working with selected injured players either in the weight room, or with sports-specific work on the field.
- Helping to administer corrective assessments & corrective exercise with selected athletes.
- Helping to administer team or individualized strength training programs during the week.
- This position is a 30-40hr/week job, and there will be academy training opportunities beyond your internship with the 1st team.. The job will commence on/or about Jan. 1st, 2012. I will be taking applications -- you can e-mail me a resumé directly at DavidT@SoundersFC.com, or send me a PM note here. I hope to hear from candidates that have all of the background requirements -- an education in FMS, movement, & posture assessment is very important, as is some level of background in soccer since much of this job is on the training field, and not the weight room. Strength training in a team setting is also important. This is a position where you will coach, interact with these professional athletes on a daily basis, and learn how to utilize the newest technology in performance enhancement in soccer in this country. Our last two interns have relocated to the Seattle area for this opportunity, so this is a country-wide search.
Feel free to PM if you have further questions. I will be doing telephone interviews around November 1st, and think that there will be a very good pool of qualified applicant.
Head Fitness Coach
Seattle Sounders FC
Dave does a fantastic job up in Seattle and this represents a great chance for a hard-working applicant. Good luck to all applying!